“God does nothing except in response to believing prayer” -John Wesley
We are currently serving physically in Japan, but we are not alone. The apostle Paul said to the Corinthian church that he may have been absent in body, but he was present in spirit. Likewise, those of you who are making the sacrifice to often pray for God to work here, are in fact, serving here as well.
わたしはぶどうの木で、あなたがたは枝です。人がわたしにとどまり、わたしもその人の中にとどまっているなら、そういう人は多くの実を結びます。わたしを離れては、あなたがたは何もすることができないからです。“I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing” -John 15:5
I am more and more convinced that we have no power without prayer and fasting. This page is here as a request of not only your prayers, but also for your fastings. We can’t do anything without the Lord’s provision, and we hope that you will join us to ask the Lord to do many great things to reach the 98% here that are without hope in Christ.
Here are the things we are currently praying about (New or critical updates in bold):
- More open doors with our neighbors and the students at GRACE Academy (GALI) and for Hiroko Umaarai, the owner.
- To continue to learn the language effectively and expediently
- For Pastor Emori and his family, as his spirit indeed is very willing to labour, but his body is weak
- Specifically for the salvation of my Japanese counterpart, Mineo Moriai, and my students Mr. Eigetsu (“E.T.”), Makiko, Toshiko, and the Nishimoto family.
- For open hearts at Tanpopoen, a ministry at two local nursing homes.
- Please pray for the “Pocket” outreach ministry in downtown Fukui.
- Please pray for the children and their friends and family of the “Kids’ English” ministry.
- For the children and staff of Hohoemi no Sato Orphanage. There have been some management changes recently, so this ministry is currently postponed.
- Please pray for a few individuals that we have been able to reach, named Kay, Takai, and Kimura.
We try to update this page as updates occur, so please check it often, and please dedicate time to pray for the mission work here, and other countries, as you read these updates!
“For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love…” Heb 6:10